RV renting is by the night just like your campground or when you book a hotel room. Your RV will be ready for you between 1-4pm on your first night – just like checking into a hotel room. You need to return it to us the morning after your last night and no later than 11am – just like checking out of your hotel.
We do require a $100 down payment to confirm a reservation. You can inquire by phone or view availability online to see if a particular unit is available for your dates but to fully reserve, block out and confirm the RV for your trip we do require the down payment amount. The balance due on your reservation is charged out 14 days prior to your trip. Any additional last minute incidentals or rentals add-on requests will be charged at the time of request if within 14 days of your departure. Your Refundable Security Damage Deposit will be charged 3 days prior to departure and held on your behalf by the card processor. The refundable security damage deposit is $500 but no less than your insurance damage deductible.
Our policy is: From the date of reservation and up to 30 days before departure, Offline RV Rentals will refund the down payment amount less a $50 processing fee. If cancelled within 30 days of departure and more than 14 days from departure, 50% of down payment amounts will be refunded. If cancelled within 14 days of departure no refunds will be given as the reservation will now be paid in full. Please allow up to 7 days to process any refund. Our modest cancellation policy keep RVs from being blocked out just in case someone needs them and then cancels if they don’t. This keeps the reservation schedule valid and fair for all our customers.
Minimum age to drive is 25. You must possess a valid driver’s license and pass a simple DMV check. International driver’s are welcome with a valid passport, driver’s license from your country and an International Driver’s Permit (available online) if your native license is not in English.
We have a 3 night minimum during normal (non-peak summer or non-holiday) times. Holiday periods (Thanksgiving week, weeks surrounding Christmas & New Years, Presidents Weekend) require a 4 night minimum.
All RV rentals come with a mandatory Prep fee. This fee gives you the RV exceptionally clean and sanitized. The fee also covers your propane use up to the supplied amount in the tank. The Propane tank will be at least 50% full for your trip.
There is a strict No Smoking policy in all of the vehicles. If your rental is returned with any kind of smoke odor, including campfire smoke, an automatic $500 cleaning fee (at minimum) will be taken from Security/damage deposit.
No. For the protection of people with severe allergies the RVs cannot have pets inside them. Service dogs will be considered and must have certified documentation provided during reservation process.
The listed nightly price is for the RV to come with bedding, towels, kitchen supplies, outside table and chairs, and artificial grass mat. If your dry camping (no hookups) a generator can be rented for an additional cost.
There are many websites and apps which can help you find where to camp and plan your travel. Please let us know if you would like help in this area and we will personally send you some website links and ideas. We have lots of experience in San Diego campgrounds so don’t be shy to ask. Our go to website/app to find campground and other RV needs is Allstays.com
Your safety is our #1 priority. Call 911 if anyone is hurt. Document the accident or damage by taking pictures and filing out the Accident/damage form attached to your insurance binder if you provided insurance or the Accident/damage form attached to your insurance card when you purchased insurance through us. Call us immediately to notify us of damages and then please send pictures. Please fully read the Terms & Conditions section on Damages for all details including fees, charges, deductibles and your responsibility.
Yes. We ask that you clean the RV in the same visual condition in which you received it on the inside. Our simple rule is if you brought any dirt ion the RV, remove it. If you spilled anything, pick it up. You must remove all trash, food, ice and personal belongs. Please use the supplied broom and cleaners to broom sweep all excess dirt and wipe down all sinks, counters and the refrigerator. Excess dust and dirt will require additional cleaning and extra cleaning fees may apply. Cleaning fees start at one hour rate of $45.
The cleaning fee is to clean and sanitize all sinks, counters, floor, dinning table and the refrigerator so it will be ready for the next customer. You must remove all trash, food, ice and personal belongs. Please use the supplied broom to sweep all excess dirt out of RV.
At most 7 days from your return but in most cases about 2-3 business days for us to reconcile and to fully inspect the vehicle. If any extra charges are due you will get a complete a detailed invoice. If you ever have any questions on your billing or any charges, please call us to discuss. We want you to feel informed with a complete understanding of all charges.
During your orientation walk through, you will notice us taking a detailed video and pictures of the RV both inside and out. The images include pictures of all existing damages and blemishes to your RV.
- Reservation, Rental Payment and Deposits
- Reservations: Need to be made at least 24 hours prior to the departure date. There is a 3 night minimum during Winter, Fall & Spring seasons. 4 night minimum during holiday periods and a 5 night minimum during peak summer season. Each rental night constitutes one rental day. Seasonal dates vary annually.
- Payments: You will be charged a $100 reservation down payment. Balance of estimated total rental cost is due in full before 14 days before departure. If your total rental cost is below the minimum down payment, then payment in full will be taken at time of confirmed reservation. Rental costs and down payment can be paid by MasterCard, Visa, American Express and Discover. Renter’s name must match the name on the credit card being used to pay for the rental. Renter must be present and provide credit card and picture driving identification at time of pick up.
- Deposits: A refundable Security/Damage deposit will be taken 2 days prior to departure. Security/Damage deposits are a $500. The deposit covers any damage to the rented trailer during the rental period, regardless of fault. The deposit also covers costs we may incur in collecting payment from you or otherwise enforcing our rights under this contract including attorney, legal collection fees and our time ($95/hr). Security/Damage Deposit is reconciled within 7 days after return of rental unit if the unit is returned clean, and NO DAMAGE. Renter is responsible for all damage done to the vehicle from the time of their departure until return and checked-in by authorized Offline RV Rentals employee. Refund will be on credit card used. The deposit may be held until completion of any legal or collection action.
- Cancellation Policy
- From the date of reservation and up to 30 days before departure, Offline RV Rentals will refund the down payment amount less a $50 processing fee. If cancelled within 30 days of departure but more than 14 days from departure, 50% of down payment amounts will be refunded. If cancelled within 14 days of departure no refunds will be given and full reservation amount will be due. Please allow 7 days to process any refund.
- Contract Changes
- If by renter’s sole choice – Renter may change their reservation without penalty from time of reservation to 14 days prior to departure without penalty as long as total cost to change does not alter the reservation by reduction of more than 25% of total cost. If changing by more than 25% standard cancellation policy will be in effect in portion to reduction. Prevailing rental rates will apply to all rescheduled dates. Rescheduled rental dates must be within one year. If the renter cancels rescheduled dates, the renter will forfeit all rental payments and/or deposits.
- Rental Floor Plans
- Offline RV Rentals reserves the right to substitute a unit of equal or greater value should a reserved unit become unavailable though damage, breakdown, theft, scheduling or any circumstances beyond our control. Should a suitable substitute of equal or greater value not be available, our liability is strictly limited to the refunding of applicant’s reservation deposit. Substitutions of equal or greater value are at no additional cost to renter. Should a lesser value floor plan be the only choice (by renter’s choice or Offline RV Rentals availability), our liability will be limited to a refund of the price difference between the unit paid for and unit offered.
- Reservation and signing
- The person named on the Reservation and the Final Contract must have a valid major credit card in their name, present it and their identification and is the only person authorized to sign the rental agreement.
- We reserve the right to refuse any rental application or reservation.
Responsibility for Damage or Loss
- Renter is responsible for all damage or loss to the vehicle whether at fault or not.
- At Offline RV Rentals sole discretion, Renter is also responsible for loss of use if applicable while vehicle is being repaired for damages and for Diminution of the vehicle’s value caused by damage. The diminution value charge is 2% of the stated value of the RV. Stated value can be sent upon request from Renter.
- Renter is responsible for any Vandalism of the RV in any form if a proper Police Report was not taken and sent to Offline RV Rentals.
- Renter must report all accidents and/or damage involving the RV to us within 6 hours of the occurrence.
- Renter agrees to pay any damages from accidents from credit sources, payment types or deposits used in this contract, and assume all responsibility to submit accident reports and claims to the proper authorities.
- Renter is responsible for all missing equipment.
- Renter is also responsible for Loss of Use for return of motorhome by Renter past contract return date/time that results in loss of use with another guest and any other action by the Renter that causes the motorhome unavailable for use. Loss of use is charged at appropriate seasonal nightly rate.
- Renter is responsible for all damage to RVs interior or exterior not caused by incident or accident whether Renter is aware of damage or not. Damage not caused by vandalism, incident or accident is the sole responsibility of the Renter.
- Administrative fees due to damages
- Offline RV Rentals administrative fee for any damage claims are as follows and pursuant to California Civil Code 1936(b)(6):
- All damage claims under $100 ($0 fee),
- All damage claims $100-$500 ($50 fee),
- All damage claims $501-$1,500 ($100 fee),
- All damage claims over $1500 ($150 fee).
- Insurance for Motor homes and trailers
- Renter understands that Offline RV Rentals is not an Insurance company.
- Renter is responsible to purchase insurance through Wheelbase as part of Renter’s reservation process.
- Renter acknowledges that Wheelbase is a 3rd party and acts as a processor of the reservation and insurance provided.
- Offline RV Rentals reserves the right to not to accept any Renter’s insurance binder it deems as unacceptable at Offline RV Rentals sole discretion.
- If purchasing the insurance option through the reservation system, Renter acknowledges the damage deductible of up to $1500.
- Deductible is based on vehicle’s stated value. Offline RV Rentals will provide the vehicles stated value and deductible and/or complete Insurance details upon request.
- Insurance purchased through the reservation process does not cover vandalism unless accompanied by a Police report.
- Renter agrees to indemnify us, defend us, and hold us harmless from all claims, liability, costs and attorneys’ fees incurred by us resulting from and arising out of, this rental and your use of the vehicle.
- Offline RV Rentals makes no warranties, express, implied, or apparent, regarding the vehicle, and no warranty that the vehicle is fit for a particular purpose.
- Renter’s Personal Property
- Renter releases Offline RV Rentals, it’s agents and employees from all claims for loss of, or damage to, your personal property or that of any other person, that we received, handed or stored, or that was left or carried in or on the vehicle or in our offices, whether or not the loss or damage was caused by our negligence or was otherwise our responsibility. Includes vehicles parked on our premises.
- Payment Auto Draft
- Renter understands and authorizes any payments owed to be auto-drafted from the payment method Renter has provided. This includes extra charges, damages, and insurance deductibles.
- No part of these Rental Terms or Rental Contract can be waived or modified except in writing with authorized signatures from Offline RV Rentals
- If any provision of this Rental Contract is deemed not to apply, is illegal, or is against public policy, the remainder of the Rental Contract’s provisions shall retain their full force and effect.
o Credit cards
o Can opener
o Hand soap
o Sleeping bags
o Scouring pads
6. BABY NEEDS
Enough food for the first couple of days or so, then buy as you go. Use plastic or other disposable containers for dining or food storage. Remember seasonings. You also may want to include a limited supply of emergency food rations (candy bars, dried meats, trail mix, etc.)
9. CLOTHING TIPS
One “good” outfit for each traveler (hang in plastic bag in closet). Remember, it can get cold in the morning even during summer. Send for information on the areas you are going to visit and plan your wardrobe accordingly.